What is the white mold/fungus in my freshwater aquarium?

I came home and added some water to my aquarium (30 gal, about 10 semi-aggressive fish)

I noticed there’s a whitish mold growing on the pebbles on the tank floor. It almost looks like cobwebs.

Also, all of my fish are fine — except I noticed my two plecostomi are dead. (They sit still for so long, I don’t know how long ago they died.) Could they have eaten this mold, and it killed them?? What is it, and what can I do to get rid of it??

Thank you!!


Similar Mold & Related Sites

One thought on “What is the white mold/fungus in my freshwater aquarium?”

  1. It could be slime coating from the fish that died.

    It could also be left over food/waste on the bottom that’s turned to mold. How often do you do gravel vacuums? Should be doing them weekly, thoroughly vacuuming the gravel and changing out 25% of the water for a normal stocked fully cycled tank.

Comments are closed.